When I was a kid, my mom gave me and my siblings MILO to drink in the morning, before going to school. Growing up, my sister, brothers, and I would use MILO to make many other different things like ice candies and shakes, or eat it in its powdered form as, well, dessert. Now that I’m a mom myself, I share to my daughter the goodness of MILO by making her a warm cup of chocolate drink in the morning to give her the winning energy to last throughout the day. Me, I still drink MILO in the morning — sometimes mixed in coffee for a more delicious perk-me-up.
Like me, there had been and still are many mothers who warm the hearts and tummies of their children by giving them MILO. That’s no wonder, as the brand has been a staple in the dining table for over 50 years. For generations, MILO has been enjoyed hot or cold. Its Chocomaltee flavor from a combination of malted barley, milk powder, sugar, and cocoa is one that kids really love. And because it has Actigen-E, a unique combination of vitamins and minerals essential for the optimum release of energy from food, moms trust MILO to keep their kids healthy and active.
There are a lot of ways to drink MILO, and with the summer season kicking in by next month, here are some recipes you and your children can make and enjoy.
No. of Servings: 1
1 piece MILO 22g
½ cup cold water
sugar to taste
½ cup NESTLÉ Fresh
Ice as needed
MILO powder as needed for topping
crushed chocolate pieces (optional)
crushed KOKO KRUNCH (optional)
1. Dissolve 1 22g pack MILO in water. Add sugar if desired.
2. Pour in NESTLÉ Fresh. Add ice as needed.
3. Top with desired amount of MILO powder on top.
4. To add more color and fun, decorate with chocolate pieces, KOKO KRUNCH and candy sprinkle if desired.
No. of Servings: 2-4
1-2 tbsp chopped mango jelly
½ cup MILO
1-2 cups crushed ice
1 tbsp sugar or to taste
¼ cup BEAR BRAND Powdered Milk Drink
1. Put mango jelly on 2-3 glasses. Blend MILO, ice and sugar together in a blender jar.
2. Pour prepared mixture in glasses. Top with BEAR BRAND Powdered Milk Drink before serving.
(PR content and photos from Andrea Alido of Strategic Edge)